WHAT WILL I GROW UP TO BE? by Anne Krueger
When she was a child, Mathilda dreamed of lots of different careers, including being the Easter Bunny, and she also wanted to become an astronaut. But, after throwing up all over her best friend during a really long bike ride, she was forced to accept the terrible truth and abandon her heart’s desire – because she always gets travel sick! However, she remains a huge fan of Yuri Gagarin and space. Now, she’s in her late twenties, and Mathilda is still looking for something to make her fulfilled. Of course, becoming an astronaut is not an option, but what then? And, what about a fulfilled private life? Is there a man out there who can keep up with Yuri Gagarin?
- About the first tricky phase in a young adult’s life
- Realistic setting in Berlin, where everything seems to be possible
- Authentic novel full of comical situations and wit
- Funny and profoundly reflecting
- Reflecting childhood combined with nostalgia for East Germany
- Special but down to earth language with great verbal images
- Outstanding Debut: Literary and compelling but yet entertaining
Don’t miss out on this one and get in touch!